Simply Slim Clinics - Worried it's a scam..

Sadly I agree with above..I'm having terrible trouble getting co-operation from Tracy and when she does reply, she uses aggressive statements justifying the signed contract.Still trying to get a proper reply from her.They have also disappeared from Franchise Direct.Now appear to be trading as Slimclinics and Ultraslim clinics, logo the same but can't qualify that.

Simplyslim website has disappeared.Wonder if Franchise Ombudsman or Franchise Lawyer can help retrieve our money.At this time, I can't qualify if the company are just badly organised or plain fraudsters.

I intend to keep corresponding with Tracy in the hope that she responds respectfully and clearly.Be aware before investing is my advice for now.

Review about: Bad Customer Service.

****FYI****

~This negatively reviewed company, SIMPLY SLIM CLINICS, is NOT in any way affiliated with OUR highly sought after practice, SIMPLY SLIM MEDICAL, LLC.10401 Old Georgetown Road #408, Bethesda, MD 20814.

Simply Slim Medical, LLC.is not a franchise.

~Thank you!

London, England, United Kingdom #747903

You are correct!I was unfortunately falling for that scam, losing over £3000.

I have met the so called William O'Brien and after signing up, phone calls have not been answered any longer. The person I had to contact about the business to give me a good and relaxed mind was Debbie. Funny was when I received a phone call from the "trainer" which was the same number as Debbie's. She denied ever talking to me before and told me that her name is Debbie as well.

This when the penny dropped. The training was anything else than a training and she told me that nobody doesn't give a *** anymore what I will do, as nobody will call me no more. I can or not us the name Simple Slim Clinic. I could use my own name and so she does.

As it is illegal to use the machine without NVQ3 in Beauty Therapy, or any relevant training with a supplier, the machine is useless to me. After looking up further, the machine cost brand new £300 and has further attachments which are necessary for the treatment, which were not present. Also the machine I received was clearly second hand due to the scratched ultrasound heads. The other head is not working at all.

SCAM!!!Want my money back and them in prison!

uswl-then-slimline-then-rapid inch loss NOW www.u-slim.co.uk

U SLIM ARE NOW ULTRA LIPO CLINIC - THE SCAM CONTINUES - BE WARNED!

They are running a deal on facebook - 3 treatments for £39, 6 for £69 and 12 for £129. They treat the first batch so they can get feedback and reviews on facebook, then when more people buy off the back of this and the bigger packages they will shut up shop and do a runner with the money just like simply slim clinic, slimline, rapid inch loss and U SLIM.

If you visit http://u-slim.co.uk/ you will see the number is the same 0203 086 8491 as you will find on http://www.ultralipoclinic.com/contact/4578813346

www.u-slim.co.uk
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom #669555

Slim clinic director aaron nickols family just keep on scamming

u-slim is their new *** company. In operation in london

uslim limited - director Kulvinder Gihair aka rob gihair

On Facebook Anastasia Nickols, Andrea Nickols(USWL DIRECTOR), Arabella Nickols, Alannah Nickols are all friends with ROB GIHAIR.

I CANT FIND TONY BUT HE IS A USWL/RAPIDINCHLOSS DIRECTOR AND DAUGHTER DATES GIHAIR

Alannah Nickols and rob GIHAIR are a couple

to www.u-slim.co.uk #718880

I think they have perhaps moved operations to Ultra Lipo Clinic - I sent an email and received a response from ultrabirmingham@gmail.com who signed off as: U Slim

The address of the clinic is:

Suite 3.07

3rd Floor

Quayside Tower

Broad Street

Birmingham

B1 2HF

If you have any questions, please give our booking line a call. We look forward to seeing you.

U Slim

to ***cerned #718887

Yes defo the same company under different name, checked u-slim.co.uk website and the number on that website is the same number now advertised on http://www.ultralipoclinic.com/contact/4578813346

So Ultra Lipo Clinic is the new U Slim, Simply Slim Clinic, uswl-then-slimline-then-rapid inch loss NOW ULTRA LIPO CLINIC

They got a crazy deal going on offering 3 for £39, 6 for £69 and 12 for £129 - looks like a lot of people have fell for this again, treating the first batch just to get the feedback and reviews on facebook page to make more people buy the bigger deals then they will no doubt shut down, run with the money and open under a new name! :(

Arlington, Virginia, United States #633054

Sorry to hear of your problem.The Slim Clinics that I have been with as a dieter is the name of the business--Slim Clinics.

It administers the diet protocols of Ideal Protein and the costs you incurred are not the initial cost of getting into the program, yours is 5 times and more the cost. And you do lose weight and gain a healthy BMI following the protocols.

I lost 35, husband 65, best friend 70 lbs.I hope you are successful in getting your money back, but please do not think that Slim Clinics and Ultra Slim Clinics are the same because they are not even close.

I can assure you ultraslim are nothing to do with simply slim and are franchise business from a company called Readymade Business 4 U, which are legit and above board... it may be the case same colour of logo, but certainly not connected!

to @ Review #: 381634 #647978

Ultra Slim Clincs are all connected - I have evidence for this!

Those who have been a victim of fraud get in touch.

Syedservices@gmail.com

Lets take these fraudsters down!!

Simply Slim Clinics - Ms A

London, England 7 comments

The Simply Slim Franchise is a Total Scam - I was pushed into signing up on the last day of the month where there was an incentive for a money back guarantee, if signed after this date the money guarantee would not apply.William came to my house and explained the franchise and the fact that it was a franchise is why I signed up as there would be advise and support throughout setting up etc, but I have had no support or assistance from the company and now they have even said that this was not set out in contrac??

They are backtracking on everything they have said in Franchise manual and will not refund my money.I have reported this to Trading Standards as I want my money back.

Review about: Money Back Guarantee.

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom #746779

New scam:

the uk weightloss network

uswl-then-slimline-then-rapid inch loss NOW www.u-slim.co.uk

U SLIM ARE NOW ULTRA LIPO CLINIC - THE SCAM CONTINUES - BE WARNED!

If you visit u-slim.co.uk you will see the number is the same 0203 086 8491 as you will find on ultralipoclinic.com

I got an email from ultrabirmingham@gmail.com who signed off as "U Slim", despite now advertising as ULTRA LIPO CLINIC - small mistake, however raised my concern to discover all these comments on a scam

London, England, United Kingdom #604375

You're not the only one - I paid £2995 too and have never had anything promised by this bunch of fraudsters. I know that one of the directors used to be involved with Aaron Nickolls in another company so they have a track record of taking money from people and not giving anything they supposedly offer. They need to be exposed for what they are..

to Anonymous Uddingston, Scotland, United Kingdom #610007

Too right, we should all get together and inform the Franchise Trading Association of this scam franchise... what do you think?

to Ms A London, England, United Kingdom #611936

I have just reported them to Rip Off Britain - maybe if you do the same it might help to expose their exploitation of innocent people.

to To Ms A Uddingston, Scotland, United Kingdom #617086

Yes, will do so as well as getting no where with Tracy and her gang! Report back on updates once we here back from them..

to To Ms A London, England, United Kingdom #647973

Hi Ms A - Please get in touch with me - I too have been a victim of these fraudsters.

You can email me at syedservices@gmail.com

I want everyone to join me who have been conned by Tracy Whitting and William to bring them to Justice.

I have a plan that will work! Email me thanks

View more comments

Simply slim clinics franchise scam

Wandsworth, England 95 comments

Please avoid investing into this company.

Owner is Aaron William nickols, only trading the franchise since September 2012, and previous involvement with USWL (ultrasound weight loss).

You only have to google his name and the previous company to gain full details and understand that you shouldn't get involved.

He also gives you numbers for you to call so called simply slim franchisees, ie Debbie or Philip chapman. These wools will tell you that they have been involved for about a year, probably tell you how much they are making and how fabulous it is. But how is this true when he's only been going a few months???

I called one of them to test them and mentioned Aaron William nickols name, they denies it but so defensive!

A guy called William Obrien is also involved.... This could possibly be Aaron himself, although I cannot evidence that.

Please be very cautious and do your homework. I was lucky enough to have means of ways and find things out that I shouldn't but I'm so glad I did!!!!

Simply slim clinics is a scam.... Be aware!!!

Review about: Ultrasonic Lipo Cavitation Treatment.

Comments

Think this outfit turned in to The Slim Clinic, that's who ripped me off for the same Franchise deal

"Rip Off Britain" still need to hear from people who have been ripped off by this bunch so just go on to their website and you can e-mail them and tell them what your story is. Only by being proactive will anything get done to stop them ripping others off. So come on - anyone who gave away their hard earned money to this lot - get e-mailing.

#752073

Correction - Sabina Evans didn't resign as a Director of Simply Slim (UK) Ltd - it was a computer error!!! So she must still be ripping people off then!!!!!

I see that Sabina Evans (who was the person who took my money) has resigned as a 'Director' of Simply Slim (UK) Ltd.Very neat Miss Evans you robbing thieving b******ds.

I have contacted Rip Off Britain and they want to hear from more people so come on you lot get in touch with them.All you need to do is email them on the website and tell them your story - the more people who do that the more chance we have of getting these people named, shamed and hopefully brought to justice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

You are correct!I was unfortunately falling for that scam, losing over £3000.

SCAM!!!Want my money back and them in prison!

to Annos Nottingham, England, United Kingdom #750444

that's my real name (william & obrien are my middle names) and my new scam, sorry i mean business, is uk weightloss network, i even used the same website as ultra lipo clinic, my previous scam/company... so long succas!

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom #746774

New scam:

the uk weightloss network

A few victims have already contacted me via syedservices@gmail.com

I would like everyone who has been a victim by SSC to contact me and I also know that those who are part of this scam will try to contact me using another email pretending to be a victim.

The truth will not hide and every person will get their money back - we all need to work together to bring these fraudulent William and Tracy and whoever else is involved to justice.

So contact me on syedservices@gmail.com to take these animals down!

to Mr. Right #693244

I have e-mailed both you and also syedservices@gmail.com several times but so far have not received anything from either of you that gives me any kind of confidence that you are genuine! Are you both part of this ludicrous rip off or are you able to offer some kind of reassurance that you actually want to hear from genuine victims of this bunch?

to 3grand poorer #697493

3grand poorer: did you manage to get your money back? when did you get screwed by these wools?

to gixxer #703382

Sadly no - not yet anyway!!I was screwed over by William O'Brien (if that's who he really is) last autumn.

I have e-mailed syedservices@gmail.com and 'Mr. Right' but yet again got nowhere.

They have both ignored my e-mails so far.Have you been ripped off too then??

to 3grand poorer #704852

Yeah...I think a lot of people got screwed...yeah I emailed him as well and had no response...not sure about the names as well...I think they are using false aliases...these are not their real names.Aaron Nickols though is likely to be the correct name, but it is hard to say.

William O'Brien and Andrew Smyth are not real names for sure. I believe they are the same person.

Let me know if you get anywhere.I am still trying to figure out my options.

to gixxer #707546

I will and I hope you get somewhere with your efforts.I wonder why 'Mr Right' and 'Syedservices' bothered to put something on here if they're part of the rip off?

Do they just want to find out how much money can be made by ripping people off like this maybe? Have you heard of Sabina Evans by the way?

She's part of it too and a niece of Aaron Nickols by all accounts.How long ago did you get screwed by them?

to gixxer #710198

No never heard of her...I have dealt with most people listed on this thread, but Sabina is a new name to me.I got screwed in December last year...not sure about my next move yet.

The Syed Service people appear to be either law clerks or paralegals looking for work.

I wouldn't waste my time with them.First thing to do is track these people down so that they can be taken to court.

Woking, England, United Kingdom #644858

Cowboys or incompetent idiots?

We gave Slim Clinic £299 as an initial investment on a 'franchise' deal with an ongoing payment of £199/month. Two months on and no progress had been made. We had to

chase them up 2 or 3 times a week - about the contract, training, the start date etc. The agreed start date was then postponed just 10 days before we were due to launch our business - that was despite umpteen assurances from Slim Clinic that everything was on course. It was an absolute nightmare and set us back 2 months of planning. They also decided at the last minute that training would be at their premises and not ours - this was again despite agreeing training would be at our location.

They said they posted the franchise agreement three separate times - only one arrived (6 weeks later - it had the wrong address, the wrong postage, my name was wrong and the print on the contract was all wonky). My ex's primary 2 class could have done better.

Their 'office' is a Regus building in London. I've called that number 18 (yes eighteen times) and not only has no one ever been in but no one has ever once my call.

The guys I dealt with are Andrew Smythe and William O'Brien. Who knows they may be perfectly upstanding people and this may be a perfectly sound investment but every alarm bell should be ringing. If this is how they are at the start then it hardly bodes well for a healthy ongoing working/business relationship no matter how attractive a business proposition may look).

My suggestion to anyonme would be 1. not investing a penny until you have agreed fixed dates/locations etc in writing in the contract. 2. Do a search for 'slim clinic' in different locations in UK and call them up - if anyone answers the phone, you'll be doing well because the only 2 that answered the phone for me were numbers given directly by Andrew Smythe (I've been trying their Elgin franchisee for 2 months and I can only guess the lady must be extremely busy becasue she never answers her phone).

Any company who seems to have a permanently unstaffed head office, who send anonynmous emails, who has 'franchisees' who never answer the phone, who take 6 weeks to send out an agreement, who cant even get your address right, who casually go back on agreed start dates and training locations and then try to blame you is probably best avoiding. Thank christ I only gave them £299 (which will now be pursued through SCC)

to Jack Reus #647979

Hi Jack

Email me so we can campaign against SSC

to Jack Reus Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom #648012

hey did you ever get your money back? did u track them down?

to Jack Reus Birmingham, England, United Kingdom #659208

did u you get your money back?

Those who have been a victim of fraud by Simply Slim Clinics and are working to get their money back please contact me so we all can do what we can to get our money back from SSC!

Contact me on: yahussain1@hotmail.com

Great Bend, Pennsylvania, United States #617797

oh well

even if that was the case, as I reckon anyone would want to ensure they are not connected to simply slim in anyway after all the comments on this site, it's a fair comment in terms of stating "Raina Dickinson and Lucy Morrison, are not only friends with matt black the alleged owner, but also Nathan Black, who i suspect is a brother or related somehow, so hardly the most convincing of reviews and comments...and clearly an insider!" as that does clearly seem to be the case and therefore misleading to clients.

having a look myself, I would have to agree with them as on one hand Raina Dickinson is saying she lost 6 inches after 2 treatments, but then continues to say after 3 treatments she contributed to 6 inches from the total inch loss for the clinic, so either she lost nothing after the third treatment or got a little confused during the deceit and lies... so i have to agree with simply slim clinics birmingham comments regardless of competition or not. I was thinking of buying some treatments myself from the deal but this has put me totally off the deal as they are probably right about something being too good to be true!

why work for nothing if you actually can provide these results as there are no independent verified reviews?I had been searching for reviews and stumbled across this site, but if they can help me lose 6 inches I would happly pay £100 per inch as I've struggled with my weight for a very long time!

to @carlpot Cannock, England, United Kingdom #617537

Hey.

I stumbled across this blog about myself and my business and though I ought to comment :)

I would like to paste the original post and respond as we go.

"even if that was the case, as I reckon anyone would want to ensure they are not connected to simply slim in anyway after all the comments on this site, it's a fair comment in terms of stating

"Raina Dickinson and Lucy Morrison, are not only friends with matt black the alleged owner, but also Nathan Black, who i suspect is a brother or related somehow, so hardly the most convincing of reviews and comments... and clearly an insider!"

- Raina and Lucy are indeed acquaintances of mine, we use the same gym. I bought my Simply Slim Franchise in November and started trading in January. As friends Raina and Lucy were amongst my first group of clients. The loss that Raina was excited about was real and surprised even herself. I don't believe there is a 'quick buck' in business any more. You have to have a long term plan and the patience to see it through to stand any chance of success in a tough climate. Lieing about results does not set us up for a long and prosperous future so makes no sense in doing. We have witnessed just short of 60 inches since end of January. I have an open policy on my our Facebook page whereby all clients can write their experiences good, bad or indifferent.

"as that does clearly seem to be the case and therefore misleading to clients. having a look myself, I would have to agree with them as on one hand Raina Dickinson is saying she lost 6 inches after 2 treatments, but then continues to say after 3 treatments she contributed to 6 inches from the total inch loss for the clinic, so either she lost nothing after the third treatment or got a little confused during the deceit and lies..."

- No deceit or lies. This is easily explained. We measure BEFORE every treatment. This means you see the loss of your SECOND treatment just before we give the THIRD. Raina has since had a fourth treatment which showed another loss of 1 inch prior to that treatment. That puts her on a loss of 7 inches from THREE treatments. Hope this makes sense.

"so i have to agree with simply slim clinics birmingham comments regardless of competition or not. I was thinking of buying some treatments myself from the deal but this has put me totally off the deal as they are probably right about something being too good to be true! why work for nothing if you actually can provide these results as there are no independent verified reviews? I had been searching for reviews and stumbled across this site, but if they can help me lose 6 inches I would happly pay £100 per inch as I've struggled with my weight for a very long time!"

@carlpot we are confident we can help you. Every client that has visited us more than once, to date, has shown an inch loss. Ranging from half an inch to six inches in a single treatment. Please message me on Facebook and I will go into more detail. :) :)

to Matt Black #617631

too late Matt, I've already used ultraslim in wolverhampton and had fantastic results, lost over 9 inches after 2 treatments and due to have my third this week. I've never been so pleased about anything in all my life, the results are very visible :grin

ultraslim use 3 heads which they say is the latest technology and i noticed your machine only had 2 heads which i found on ebay for £300, so i thought it would be best to pay that little extra to achieve the best results :) not totally convinced with your explanation about your 'friends' giving feedback for you as i reckon they would say anything to support you. " We measure BEFORE every treatment. This means you see the loss of your SECOND treatment just before we give the THIRD" :upset :roll

Why did raina not instantly lose anything after her second treatment, why wait until she returned for her third treatment to measure her? all sounds a bit bizarre to me :zzz are your results not immediate after treatments? :roll because they have been for me at ultraslim :grin they measure me BEFORE and AFTER the treatments so i can see the instant results before i leave :grin

I also noticed the deal you ran with living social was very misleading and deceitful, as you and living social claimed it was a 91% discount and a saving of £432 by purchasing 6 treatments for £39! :eek yet on your website it said 6 treatments were £129! :upset now im no genius, but that's only a saving of £90 and NOT £432 :x and clearly not a 91% discount! so it would seem deceit and lies are clearly part of your business plan and strategy :(

This was the reason, in addition to the above regarding your friends leaving 'dodgy feedback' that I made the decision to pay £99 for 3 treatments, rather than pay you £39 for 6 treatments! :p

to @carlpot Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom #617704

@carlpot - I am pleased you are achieving results and obtaining your goals.

You were obviously the person who posted on my Facebook fan page, advising all my fans to go to Ultraslim instead of to Simply Slim. I may be wrong but you are using identical wording in this post to that which I found on Facebook. I can't imagine many people would go and see how much my technology was worth on eBay.

It wouldn't surprise me if you worked for Ultraslim or linked in some way and this entire thread was no more than just a free advert.

Our treatment consists of - Consultation, Measure up, Treatment, Power Plate and forward planning (ie nutrition).

We turn the fat into liquid which requires client to drink water so as to shift the fat on. Although you would see results immediately after the treatment, you see greater and the lasting results after the fat has left the body - hence why we record all results before the next treatment.

Living Social create their own adverts. I am clearly showing my prices on website, how am I being deceitful?

You wrote a blog about myself, my company and my clients. I find that blog and then respond accordingly as am proud of my business, the results we are achieving and have nothing to hide. Instead of you thanking me for taking the time to respond and giving any benefit of the doubt (as you have no evidence to back up any of your claims) you instead simply accuse me of bare face lieing.

Just been on website of Ultraslim and they appear to have ripped off our logo? hmmmm, the plot thickens.

You are clearly linked with this company in some way.

to @carlpot #617730

I'm simply an individual voicing my opinion totally unconnected, but I'll be sure to let them know during my next appointment you think they have stole your logo :roll

to @carlpot London, England, United Kingdom #630465

Carlpot, a Ultraslim Franchise costs only £4000, FOR EVERYTHING INCLUDING THE MACHINE. If you really think their machine is superior then your are misteken my friend... Probably pick both up on ebay...

to @carlpot London, England, United Kingdom #617793

Wow .. you are one angry individual.

I have set up a business. Haven't got in your way, haven't slandered your name, haven't been rude to your family, haven't met you, haven't spoken to you, haven't seen you ... yet you seem intent on making things difficult for me?

Good luck with life @carlpot ... you're going to need it.

Fareham, England, United Kingdom #611769

Strange how the below comments about simplyslim Birmingham come at pretty much the same time in the early hours of the morning as another comment on another post on this site defending Ultraslim. Also odd that the only actual ultraslim outlet I can find on the net is one in Wolverhampton, which of course would be a direct competitor of the simplyslim in brum. Looks more and more like competitive dirty tricks than genuine complaints.

to Carlpot Cannock, England, United Kingdom #617539

You are absolutely right @carlpot. We have had reports that our Facebook 'fans' are being PM by the Wolverhampton company.

it's also worth noting, the people on the facebook page for simply slim clinics birmingham who have gave great reviews of inch loss, for example Raina Dickinson and Lucy Morrison, are not only friends with matt black the alleged owner, but also Nathan Black, who i suspect is a brother or related somehow, so hardly the most convincing of reviews and comments... and clearly an insider! just saying...

to simply slim clinics birmingham Cannock, England, United Kingdom #617544

I have explained the Lucy, Raina relationship in previous comment. Nathan Black no relation, just a coincidence we share the name.

Jack Black not related either ,)

to Matt Black #617640

simply slim, simply ***! :roll

to @carlpot Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom #617707

@carlpot

Please could you include your evidential facts in your posts rather than just accusing somebody of lieing. This thread was and is intended for intelligent people who would like to see concrete evidence and not just hearsay.

I don't get your point..Simplyslim say he's not involved and I've no reason to think otherwise..

You could just be a competitor making things up without any evidence..But even if he is, I have a simplyslim contract, I have my equipment, I'm trained, why do I care who owns the business?

to MaggieG Fareham, England, United Kingdom #605159

Totally agree with Maggie.This person definitely seems like a probable competitor of the company trying to stir up trouble.

I use this site a lot as I think it can be very useful for weeding out the bad companies but reading the below posts as far as I can tell there's only been one actual investor who has complained and their complaint certainly wouldn't suggest a scam, just that the service wasn't up to their expectations.I'd urge everyone to be careful what accusations you make against companies or individuals as often you can be damaging the reputation and livelihood of genuine businesses.

London, England, United Kingdom #604634

This person aint dumb Maggie....in fact, Mr Aaron William nickols himself presented his identification and gave all details relating to the simply slim clinics whilst opening the business bank account.

If people want evidence and want to take it to court, they only have to get their solicitors to contact his bank!!!

They have all details there!!nuff said!!

Just reposting this to remind everyone of SimplySlim's response to what has been said:

To All it may concern Whilst it would not usually be company policy to comment on baseless postings such as this, it has come to our attention that this particular post could be causing harm to the businesses of our current franchisees.We have a duty of care to those franchisees to protect their interests and so would comment as follows: Simply Slim Clinics whole heatedly condemns the attack on our current franchisees above.

Both Phil and Debbie regularly give their time to talk to both current and prospective franchisees about their own experiences and to be rewarded with slanderous claims being made against them is abhorrent. It is notable that the author of the above comments has provided no proof or evidence to back up her claims, save the rather cryptic suggestion that she has "means and ways". She has been challenged for this evidence a number of times and yet appears to have disappeared from view. It is also notable that in a thread of comments now running to 3 pages that is easily found through a Google search, most have directly contradicted her claims, none have provided any support of those claims and only 1 has suggested a bad experience with Simply Slim.

Were we to be operating any sort of "scam", it would be reasonable to expect a significantly higher level of negative response. The 1 comment made claiming a bad experience has been made anonymously and makes claims so outlandish as to our mind make their fictitious nature obvious. That being said, for the avoidance of doubt, Simply Slim Clinics has at no point charged any company or individual a franchise fee without proving them everything detailed within our franchise agreement. Were we to behave in this manner I have little doubt justice would follow swiftly.

The false claims themselves focus on 2 areas: Ownership and length of trading. Again, whilst making it clear that the author has taken on absolutely no burden of proof to corroborate these claims, and that these claims have already been clearly debunked by a number of the comments below, for the avoidance of doubt we would state the following: Simply Slim Clinics does not have and has never had any connection with any director or senior management, past or present of Ultrasound Weight Loss LTD. We have had franchises purchased by ex USWL beauticians but given the disgraceful way they were treated by the company and their known innocence in the sorry affair we make no apology for this. On the contrary, we were proud to be able to offer them the chance to use their skills to build a business of their own.

With regards to the length of time we have traded, the simplest response would be to ask "why would we lie". Had the business started in September (which it didn't) we would still have one of the finest products on the market available to new franchisees at the lowest franchise fee payable for this type of franchise. Length of trading wouldn't come into it. That being said, this is once again another falsehood and, unlike the authors claims, is provably so.

A brief Google search will generate news stories supplied by independent websites written way in precedence of this supposed September start date. Unless they were writing about a company that did not yet exist, this claim is provably false. A potted history of the company can be found on our website but in essence we have traded for around 2 years and have worked with franchisees for 1 year to a consistent level of success throughout. In conclusion, I would ask all who read this to simply consider the facts as presented and reach their own judgements on the basis of those facts.

Simply Slim will continue to support its franchisees and partner salons in providing the best quality and most professional treatments to their clients whilst continuing to expand its operation in an effort to offer this sought after product to clients throughout the UK and beyond.Regards Simply Slim Clinics

to MaggieG #647981

I have evidence from trading standards, individual solicitors, bank managers that SSC now trading under Ultraslim are conning people out of their pockets anyone who wishes for evidence can contact me on:

Syedservices@gmail.com

I am putting a campaign forward to take down SSC and all those involved!

You messed with the wrong person!

Also, I don't really get VG1's point.Are the SimplySlim owners supposed to meet every single franchise just put their hand on their hearts and swear they're on the level.

That's just ***.

The actual franchisees posting on here are perfectly happy with simplyslim, everyone posting against just seem to be people with nothing better to do than presume the worst then make themselves out to be sherlock holmes.All a bit pathetic I think.

to MaggieG London, England, United Kingdom #604487

Maggie, I live in central London, minutes from their office address (assuming that's a real address). I don't see why they can't meet prospective franchisees like me in person. They also didn't reply to my emails.

The company is a small company, not a FTSE100 company. It's not like it has thousands of people lining up to set up a franchise. Even FTSE100 CEOs spend time to talk to hundreds of shareholders.

Are the owners of Simply Slim so much more important than big company CEOs that they can't be bothered to meet prospective partners who are willing to visit them in their office?

They need to be more proactive, more consistent, more visible to allay fears this is a scam.

to VG1 #604522

Ftse100 companies spend time talkin to their shareholders because they've invested in the company and that company has an obligation to these people.You've invested nothing in simplyslim so what obligation do they have to you?

They can spend their time trying to covince you for your own self satisfaction or they can recruit an investor that comes without the hastle.

No brainer.

Or maybe on the basis that you live right by head office, they've already got a salon round there.Who knows, but to say it must all be a scam just because they chose not to proceed with one person is obviously dumb.

to MaggieG Fareham, England, United Kingdom #604490

All sounds like *** to me anyway, copied this off a site that offers this treatment and its pure smoke and mirrors. If you want to lose weight, diet and exercise. You can't cheat your health. Honestly read some of this stuff and tell me how it makes sense??

Technological advances have made it possible to use low-frequency ultrasound for localised fat reduction such as love handles or jowls.

Ultrasound gives you a safe low cost high tech non surgical option for your body shape goals. Ultrasound Cavitation is an alternative to liposuction.

The adipose tissue is specialised in storing energy as fat. It is primarily composed by the lipocytes also known as fat cells.

The technique uses low frequency ultrasound. The ultrasound waves are conducted through the skin, penetrate directly into the adipose tissue and break it up into small pieces causing micro-bubbles which turn fat into a liquid substance (this phenomena is called “cavitation”). The liquid is then easily vacuumed out from the body using the lymphatic and urinary system.

When you work out, you have to wait until half an hour for the cavitation to happen, with Ultrasound, it is reached from the first minute of treatment.

Finally, it requires under no circumstances surgery or anaesthesia.

A typical session lasts a maximum of 30 minutes ( 20 minutes of effective ultrasound) depending on the patient and the area treated.

The interval between each session is on average a week.

A total of 6 to 10 sessions on average are necessary in order to achieve the desired results depending on the area treated and the patient.

to Skepticmatt #604498

Just goes to show your ignorance matt..These treatments have been proven and have been around for years.

All the customers I treat see genuine results and the weight stays off too.

So many people running around talking about things they know nothing about.Try a treatment for yourself then talk to me!

to MaggieG #604503

Yeah.. But you would say that wouldn't you :)

to Skepticmatt Cannock, England, United Kingdom #617541

Technology works, I see inch loss every day.

Come and have a treatment from us Skepticmatt, but only if you promise to post your losses on here!

Again, people attacking Simply Slim without any actual evidence of anything. Its a business, you're gonna get some people not 100% happy, that doesn't mean its a scam. They've been trading for years now, I've ran a territory for a while myself and if they weren't above board they'd have been shut down.

You can't go taking people's money and giving them nothing and get away with it long. They have a central London address for Christ sake, they'd hardly be tough to track down.

Anyone reading this should take it all with a pinch of salt IMO.

Maggie

to MaggieG #604508

If this is genuinely a business you are looking at being involved in you should look at Ultra slim.

You own the business, no monthly fees

Fully certified training and qualification – One days training and theory training approved by the British Medical Association

Ultra Slim's unique totally MOBILE commercial Cavitation system

12 months full operator’s liability insurance

Fully hosted website, including design and SEO

Printing package, includes either a mix of business cards and leaflets or 1,000 leaflets

Full marketing campaign to help promote your business and obtain regular customers. We will provide you with appointments to commercial businesses who have customers in place or who are happy to refer you a good client connection on a referral basis

Customers passed to you from our national promotions website site

Training folders including help and support with your own designs (FREE graphic design work for any project)

A fully programmable digital answering system; it’s like having your own secretary when you’re not there. Taking messages, passing them on or even a calling and emailing service. You’ll always look and sound professional with this system

Back-up and support

Customer assistance from day one using our unique referral system.

It’s tried and tested to help spread the word about your new business,we guarantee you customers from it and you’ll get plenty of repeat business.

Don't put up with poor imitations when there's better out there! ,)

London, England, United Kingdom #604371

Is this the same company that's now trading as Slim Clinics?? It's the same logo.

London, England, United Kingdom #600159

Hi, unfortunately the owners of the company don't seem to be doing enough to erase perceptions that this is a scam.

I've posted on this site previously, and then sent and re-sent an email to the supposed owner of the company over the span of a month. But no response.

As a prospective franchisee, I expected the owners to do all they can to assuage our concerns on whether this is a scam. All I asked for was a short meet-and-greet, to know the owner in person and get their take on what's happening here.

Sadly, I haven't heard from her/them.

to VG1 Guildford, England, United Kingdom #605223

What would you have them do VG1? They cant meet every single person who has a vague interest in investing. Its not efficient is it?

vhclinics

Hi Again, You may remember that I posted my dissatisfaction with Simply Slim in December. After my post went live, I was contacted by SS (Tracey) and told I could be sued for slander if I didn't remove my post. (Funny, I thought slander was when you post something that ISN'T true!!).

Anyway I was told if I removed my post, SS would be only too happy to support me and re train me etc. As some of you may know once you have posted comments on this site you cannot remove them, so I put a nice comment about how Simply Slim was coming good for this franchisee etc.

NICE ONE Simply Slim Clinics - It is all rubbish, since then, I've had 2 email conversations with Head Office and then nothing. Nobody rings back when you call head office, William hasn't returned my last 3 calls and the offer of re training and meeting up with staff other than William hasn't materialised.

Just goes to show - People will try anything to keep their scam going a bit longer.

PEOPLE BEWARE - Note to clients - It appears only the Franchisor is doubtful. If the Franchisees have equipment that works (unlike me) then there is no reason why they aren't just trying to make an honest living for themselves.

to vhclinics London, England, United Kingdom #598407

To the vhclinics lady - how can I contact you?I can give you a lot of information but don;t know how to contact you.

i have had the same experience.If you can let me know what your wesite is or an email address I'll contact you.

I have a picture of this so called william o'brien but cant post or upload on this site. it would be good if someone could identify him as this lad arron nickhol who allegedly scammed everyone previously

to jj #591303

Has anybody contacted you about this, unfortunately I don't know what Aaron looks like.?

Hi All

Just to let you know that since making my post, Simply Slim Head Office has been in touch regarding my issues and are very willing to help support my business to move forward and have offered re training etc.

Although we may have got off to a sticky start, mainly due to no BDM in our area, it is good to know that the HO has taken our concern onboard and are offering help, which is exactly what asked them to do in my post, so thanks SSC, look forward to a long and happy relationship.

Ok.. So.. Simply Slim Clinics are scamming people out of their money but the people they've scammed are ok because they're providing a perfectly valid service..

But then if the franchisees are able to provide the service how have they been scammed??

Odd..

to Anon #584537

who is to say the owners wont walk away after a few months.The ageement, the support and everything else was a 5 year contract.

The scam would be to get franchisees to sign up, pay the money, get some sort of training (which probably isn't even supported by Unimed) give them the machines then leave the service to the franchisees whilst he walks away with a nice healthy profit.

I really do hope this isnt the case and everything is ok, but then again, the entire thing doesnt add up. The guy that owns it is clearly not to be trusted, the legal agreement aint even legal, theres no protection for the franchisees, some people are clearly having problems getting their money back even though they were promised a 6 month money back guarantee (which by the way they ave no chance as this wasnt included within any contract.

The list goes on.

Sorry Anon, this is NOT something aimed at the franchisees or at yourself.Is just clearly a warning for others wanting to invest into it.

to abc #585382

Right.. But even if that's the case, the franchisees can still provide the service and earn the same income from it.. Don't get where the scam is??

to Anon #591304

It is a scam because SS offers specific things to their franchisees in exchange for a lump sum of cash.In some cases, possibly all, none of these things have been provided other than the equipment, in my case, I have now used the equipment on 4 different people for a minimum of 5 sessions each and nobody has lost more than 1 inch, my equipment was definitely not new when it was delivered and I believe it is broken, I therefore cannot just keep working without the back up of Simply Slim - hence I have been scammed.

Debbie who trains new franchisees tells you very openly during the hour training session that you are best to not call yourself Simply Slim and not rely on any of them and just do your own thing - Not a good start for a member of their own training team and why would they pick a trainer whose own franchise is called something totally different when that contravenes their own contract.

I have had no support at all from Simply Slim and I've paid out £3,000 for a 4ft tall bit of plastic that does nothing - on top of that I have paid out £20,000 in other equipment and decoration and now have a 3 year lease on a property that is no use to be.

Why on earth would I think Simply Slim Franchises were a scam!!:sigh

to vhclinics Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom #617547

Hi vhclinics

My name is Matt Black, owner of Simply Slim Birmingham. I bought my franchise in November and began trading in January.

We are getting great results from the ultrasound and our marketing efforts are paying off. I would be very happy to share with you what we are doing in a bid to get your business rocking ... you can call me on 07951 580028

to vhclinics London, England, United Kingdom #626558

This is a scam - nothing less!!!

vhclinics

By the way if I thought my machine worked, I'd do what other franchisees seem to be doing such as Debbie mentioned earlier and set up under a different name and just get on with it myself, but I don't want to rip off customers and at present I am unable to prove my machine is working.

Maybe I'm just not using it properly!!

I'm glad others have managed to build a successful business, as I've already posted the concept is brilliant and I've put everything I own into this, to the point of not being able to pay my mortgage next month.

So come on Simply Slim, you state in your reply to Anon that you have your franchisees best interests at heart. Please make contact with me so we can discuss.

to vhclinics #604428

Hi vHclinics - can I get in touch with you regarding this issue. I may have a solution for you.

Hi,

It's interesting to see how many differing posts have been left. I parted with my money in September and have had no help and support at all. Emails from HO (Tracy) who is the owner of the business have been curt and haven't addressed my queries.

I've invested everything I have in a beautiful building, furniture etc based on what William told me during our meetings, I've had no calls from or seen a BDM and there have been no customers passed my way. Since opening I've only had 1 phone call from William and no other contact at all.

The equipment I received was not new and didn't pass its PAT test, new probes were eventually sent after 3 weeks of being open and unable to use the machine and 1 of them was in worse condition that the one I needed replacing.

I started off treating myself and only lost 1 inch, Tracy rightly commented that was no proof the machine didn't work, I have since been treating friends for free and none have lost more than 1 inch, which could easily have been due to the power plate. My concern was that my machine was faulty, but nobody wanted to listen.

At this point I still wanted and needed the business to work, SS was not advertising at the time, so I contacted Groupon myself but they refused to list me after saying they needed to check out the business, I have Simply Slim as part of my business name.

2 weeks ago I started getting phone calls from people who thought I was part of USWL, asking why I had ripped them off, customers who said they paid and never got treatments and therapists who didn't get paid, I was also told that William O'brien isn't who he says he is. It was all the first I'd heard of any of this and I was totally shocked, until now I just thought the staff didn't talk to each other and they weren't very well trained. The first I started to think something wasn't right was when 2 new franchisees rang me from my website details and told me people they had spoken to and research they had done, showed some odd things such as William refusing to show any ID and one of the franchises being owned by a lady called Sabina, who also worked with Aaron William Nickols at USWL.

The concept is good, the machinery looks good (if it works), but my experience is bad so far. I asked for my money back using the 6 month guarantee they offered me and I'm still waiting, Tracy won't take my calls and neither will William, which only adds fuel to the fire. If there was nothing to hide why don't they just speak to me.

I have no contract, even though I've asked several times for a copy, no receipt for my money, again I've asked several times and no certificate to show I've been trained - If that's what you can call it - I teach courses and it usually helps if you get to see or do a treatment, not just talk about it!!!

I have no personal reason to think this is anything other than a scam. I hope the HO prove me wrong and give me my money back, but I'm not holding my breath.

to vhclinics Ashford, England, United Kingdom #599633

Its a scam!

Has anyone gone into a clinic, seen a mobile therapist owned by simply slim and seen them opporating?

to janet Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom #617548

Hi Janet

I have a trading Simply Slim clinic. Happy to help in any way.

To All it may concern

Whilst it would not usually be company policy to comment on baseless postings such as this, it has come to our attention that this particular post could be causing harm to the businesses of our current franchisees. We have a duty of care to those franchisees to protect their interests and so would comment as follows:

Simply Slim Clinics whole heatedly condemns the attack on our current franchisees above. Both Phil and Debbie regularly give their time to talk to both current and prospective franchisees about their own experiences and to be rewarded with slanderous claims being made against them is abhorrent.

It is notable that the author of the above comments has provided no proof or evidence to back up her claims, save the rather cryptic suggestion that she has “means and ways”. She has been challenged for this evidence a number of times and yet appears to have disappeared from view. It is also notable that in a thread of comments now running to 3 pages that is easily found through a Google search, most have directly contradicted her claims, none have provided any support of those claims and only 1 has suggested a bad experience with Simply Slim. Were we to be operating any sort of “scam”, it would be reasonable to expect a significantly higher level of negative response.

With regards to the length of time we have traded, the simplest response would be to ask “why would we lie?”. Had the business started in September (which it didn’t) we would still have one of the finest products on the market available to new franchisees at the lowest franchise fee payable for this type of franchise. Length of trading wouldn’t come into it. That being said, this is once again another falsehood and, unlike the authors claims, is provably so. A brief Google search will generate news stories supplied by independent websites written way in precedence of this supposed September start date. Unless they were writing about a company that did not yet exist, this claim is provably false. A potted history of the company can be found on our website but in essence we have traded for around 2 years and have worked with franchisees for 1 year to a consistent level of success throughout.

In conclusion, I would ask all who read this to simply consider the facts as presented and reach their own judgements on the basis of those facts. Simply Slim will continue to support its franchisees and partner salons in providing the best quality and most professional treatments to their clients whilst continuing to expand its operation in an effort to offer this sought after product to clients throughout the UK and beyond.

Regards

Simply Slim Clinics

to Simply Slim Clinics Ashford, England, United Kingdom #599636

U have a history of starting franchises and we all know that anybody can do this. Aaron Nickols was blacklisted for insurance franchise issues as you are well aware!!!! You sell *** equipment from china that retails at £200 and doesnt work!

to Simply Slim Clinics Ashford, England, United Kingdom #599638

Dont waste your money

to Simply Slim Clinics Ashford, England, United Kingdom #599640

Research Aaron Nicols, Aaron Nickolls, Tracy is a chavvy women who turns up and pretends to 'hate' william as he is so disorganised and offers a dreadful training exercise on a machine that you can buy on ebay for £300!It doesnt work.....we have it in our garage!!

They are a family of chavvy scammers.Dont part with your money.

to Simply Slim Clinics #599643

Ripped off.

to Simply Slim Clinics #599650

you cannot spell.

to Simply Slim Clinics Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom #617549

Hi Simply Slim.

I think if you and your team were to respond to missed calls, voice, text messages and emails ... this thread wouldn't exist.

to Simply Slim Clinics Woking, England, United Kingdom #644907

Have you considered accepting some criticism and responsibility rather than just lashing out at your critics? Your reaction here is identical to your email to me.

Maggie G, I can see where you are coming from but as far as I can see the original post just states Aarons name, and the fact that he started trading in September.They are telling people not to trust him and do their homework before considering it just like I did, they are not slating people who have bought into it.

And "Anon" is just sharing her experiences, this is what this website is about.

I do feel sorry for you that this is against the brand name that youve invested in, but surely if youve been involved then I suppose you could tell us who the owner of Simply Slim Clinics is???. That way Anon could get her solicitors onto it and put this case to an end.

Then I might consider investing into it!Like I said previously, it was only his name that made me back out!

Yes I stupidly paid £2995 and got nothing but a big hole in my bank balance.I'm still trying to get it back through the courts.

The solicitor that supposedly drew up the contract has never heard of them.

Go ahead - spend £2995 and see what you get - hope it's not fresh air like I got!!!!Good luck with that.

Yes i stupidly paid £2995 which I am still trying to get back through the courts.The solicitor they supposedly use for the contract has never heard of them.

USWL dissolved and became Simply Slim Clinics leaving a lot of unhappy, out of pocket staff and customers. For my £2995 I got nothing except a big hole in my bank balance.

So now do you think that people are just trying to be nasty?Invest £2995 and see what you get for your money - I hope it's more than fresh air like me!!!!!

Maybe bad feedback is the wrong word.

I dont see it as slating the businesses for the people that have bought the franchise. Glad they are doing well. But with all the bad stuff published against this man (not just on this website, others too), its only natural to be cautious. Afterall, if its not a limited company then there is no way any of us can prove who the actual owner is. I'm not saying it is true or not, (as I said, there is no way of proving it), but this person must of got the connection from somewhere in order to post it. I'm just not willing to invest my money into it and risk it!

Afterall, franchises are not really governed in the uk so it is easy for some *** artists, and hopefully for all you guys everything will be fine. I just werent prepared to do it and either straight away or even years down the line have anyone rip me off.

I can say the business itself is good, but if he is involved (and I do say IF) then I would be cautious!

AND what about these people you've named?? You're only reason for having a go at them is that the companys not been goin as long as they say but its been proven that you got that wrong.. They should sue you for slander!

Not really "bad feedback" is it?? Its one person who Doesn't even have franchise and hasn't got her facts straight but tryin to ruin peoples businesses anyway. Apart from this one person has anyone actually got a bad word to say about Simply Slim?

I've got to say that it was bad feedback like this that prevented me from investing into it. It did make me a little nervous, to the point where I bottled it last minute.

Someone told me that this guy was involvd, but the other franchisors didnt know him. Still made me nervous!

Just don't know what to make of it all!!

Thought I'd give my honest thoughts on my franchise if it helps..

Signed and paid fee jan 2012

Took a bit longer than expected getting set up. Training was arranged quickly but the treatment bed hadn't arrived yet. For some reason this took an extra week!! Seems to me they should just have those in stock.

Started trading feb

Tough start with our own marketing but got there in the end. Have to say George, the development manager from Simply did help out with that.

Supplied clients - be careful with these. They were really useful to get us started but once we'd got going they kind of got in the way a bit especially on the big marketing weeks for Simply. This is the whole reason Simply are in business so they want you to take as many of their clients as possible so watch that they don't snow you under.

Equipment - no problems so far.

Results - really good as with most cavitation treatments. Clients love it.

Generally very happy with the franchise. End of the day it's a business and you have to work hard but very rewarding and lots of happy clients.

Kaz

P.s. people I've dealt with at simply have been William originally then since getting started its been George and once or twice Tracy at head office.

Sites like this should be banned. Or at least better policed.

I can't speak for other franchisees but I have a mobile franchise and all my clients are very happy with my treatment. The fact that one person can just come out and make an accusation without any proof is shocking and shouldn't be allowed.

How can it be a scam anyway? All simply slim do is give you the equipment and training plus a few clients each week. Has anyone actually bought this franchise and had that not happen?

This person is either just a vindictive liar who hasn't thought about all the independent businesses they could harm or has just got their facts wrong in which case they should just be more careful.

to B.johal #599656

I dont have any equipment but i have given them 2K?

VG1

Hi. As a potential franchisee, I find this very distressing to read. I wish that accusations will be substantiated. Otherwise, they can be seen as slanderous or simply malicious with no basis.

Jen, glad to hear you're happy with your business. Is there any way I can contact you to get tips?

I'm not sure if this website allows users to contact each other directly.

to VG1 Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom #617551

VG1

I am happy with my Simply Slim business too ... in Birmingham.

Call me 07951 580028 if you wanna chat about it ,)

We bought our franchise in March, were trading by April and we've been perfectly happy with it.

I just worry about things like this on the internet. People can just come and say what they like and it can harm our business. What if a customer sees it and decides they don't want treatment?

Hmmmmm does all seem a bit fishy this.Impact tone is definitely the nicholls's (as mentioned before and loads of other places on this site its all the same staff and pictures and things)so unless they were doing both it all seems a bit odd.

But Im sure SSC were around before USWL and impact tone coz 1 of the girls I was workin with used to work for them so they couldnt have only started in september.

Also didnt some of the ex therapists on the facebook group we set up say theyd bought an SSC franchise?Has anyone actually got any facts because this all reeks of the nicholls's trying to throw us all off the scent again and I dont want to slag a company if theyve done nothing wrong

@simplyslim manchester, what problems are you having. I think the best way to iron this out is letting others know what problems you are having?

also, the bristol one is just another franchisee and not the original company.

Jen, how long have you been trading and what is your experience with the franchise?

we have to keep in mind those with a bad word could either be competitors or simply unhappy ex employees from USWL

Nice try scumbags.clearly just another scummy nichols trick to throw the extharapists they ripped off off the trail now were getting 2 close for comfort.ALERT The nichols have set up in manchester as impact tome weightloss have a look at the websight its but even subtle.

Me and some of the other girls went in there and its half the same staff!!!

We're on to you and your not weesling away this time!!:)

Hi

Aaron William Nikols, it wouldn't be William O'Brien would it.

I'm a franchisee - and I'm having a nightmare with Simply Slim Clinics.

I'm disgusted by this. myself and my husband run a Simply Slim franchise and we've never had a problem and we've been trading since a lot longer than September! The company with Susan Brooks as a director is Simply Slim Bristol and there's also a website for simply slim Bristol so that's probably the Bristol franchisee who's business you're harming.

Its disgusting that people can just write what they want on the internet and ruin people's businesses without any facts.

Done a search with Companies house and the company was indeed only formed in September but the directors (past and present) are stated as

Douglas Crook (!!!)

then

Susan Brooks then Martin Brooks

Cant find the name Nikols anywhere?

how do you know this or where are you getting your information from?